Announcing the New 24" Cameo Pro!Nov 02, 2020
(Now – before I go any further – if you have been waiting for this machine & already know that you want to buy — l
et me tell you that initially, the available quantity of machines will be very limited — They are available now! So, use this link & head over to Silhouette America now. I know that these will go very fast! Update – As predicted, Silhouette America sold out of their inventory the first morning. So, due to the demand for this product, it is sold out just about everywhere! I will be posting as more become available.
The very most exciting new feature about this machine is the revelation that you can cut up to 24”!! Originally, Sillhouette America had announced that it was going to be 20, but they have gone above & beyond in giving us so much more for this product! I have had so much fun cutting large projects & thinking of all of the things that you can do with this size cutting capability! However, you can easily adjust the roll feeders to use your other mats and materials. The Pro can be set to these sizes – Letter, 12 inches, 13 inches, 15 inches, 20 inches, and 24 inches.
The new and improved Roll Feeder is the other great feature that I love about this machine. It allows for cutting without the mat, and it can hold up to a 24″ roll. Plus, the roll feeder will adjust to hold smaller rolls of vinyl or heat transfer vinyl. So you are not limited to using only 24-inch rolls. And additional support for the mat is also included – so when you are not cutting from rolls, you will have support for the huge 24-inch mat! With rolled vinyl and the roll feeder, you can cut up to 60 feet with the Cameo Pro!
The Roll feeder can also be adjusted to accommodate the different diameter of rolls of media — simply by adjusting the screw and moving the little guide in or out.
Another exciting feature is Auto Load for your media. This is especially helpful when using 24” materials or the 24” mat – as you really need both hands free to load this mat! And it has never been easier to move your roller bars & set up for different size mats!
- Cutting Area –24 in. x 24 in. with a cutting mat 23.6 in. x 60ft. (60 cm x 18.3 m) without a cutting mat
- Maximum Media Height – You can cut materials up to 3mm thick
- Weight – This machine is no lightweight! The machine alone weighs a little over 19 lbs!
- Dimensions – The machine body is 34.5 inches wide. However, you will need to allow additional room for the roll feeder in the front (almost 8 inches) — and room in the back of the machine for the mat to extend out the back.
- Cost: This machine will retail for $499
When I first received the machine, I knew right away that I wanted to make a vinyl decal for the back window of our RV! This large, blank window was just begging for decoration.
So I created my design in Silhouette Studio (blog post to come on that!) and cut it from a 24″ inch roll of Siser Easy PSV (removable). I cut it mirror-imaged because I wanted to apply it from the inside. I knew that I couldn’t stand on a ladder & manage to apply this straight from the outside!
(You may notice a few bubbles here in the vinyl. These pictures were taken at the time I applied the design — so in tine, those bubbles have dissipated & gotten better! )
Looks pretty good, don’t you think??
I will be sharing more in upcoming blogs about cutting, working with & applying large decals like this – but today, I just want to share more with you about the new Cameo Pro!
In addition to these brand new features, the Cameo Pro has all of the things that you love about the Cameo 4!
- Built-in cross cutter to trim vinyl or heat-transfer right from the roll
- Matless cutting capabilities
- 3 mm clearance
- Automatic tool detection capabilities
- Compatible with additional tools for more cutting options (purchased separately)
- Wireless cutting with Bluetooth connectivity
- Print & Cut registration capabilities
- PixScan™ compatible
- Driven by Silhouette Studio
What is included with this machine —
- Pro cutting mat (24 inches by 24 inches)
- Roll feeder and mat support pieces
- Adapter for Silhouette Sketch Pens
- Silhouette wrench tool for removing blade cap
- USB cable and Power Cord
- 100 exclusive designs (digital download)
- 1-month Silhouette Design Store subscription
To learn more about setting up the Silhouette Cameo Pro – visit YouTube for set up instructions.
Well, as you can probably tell, I am really excited about this machine! It opens up a world of new possibilities with the 24″ capability! In the coming weeks, I will be sharing more of my Cameo Pro projects! Like I said — there are LIMITED QUANTITIES available!!
To place your order, use this link to Silhouette America ! These will go fast! UPDATE: As expected, these sold out at Silhouette America the first day! Michaels currently has this machine in stock & shipping free! Click here!
Until Next Time —
FYI – This post may contain affiliate advertising. This means that if you click a link in the post, I may make a commission based on your purchase. The price you pay for the product or service is not higher, and the commissions I earn allow me to keep sharing tutorials & info with you!